THE INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE PORRIDGE BEANS AND FRIED PLANTAIN ARE: (Ingredients are displayed on the cabinet in trays)
- 3 cups of honey beans for three adults
- 3 tablespoons of ground crayfish
- 1 cup of palm oil
- 1 stock cube
- level desert spoonful of salt (seasoning)
- 1 onion bulb (chopped)
- 5 Scotch Bonnet (Ata Rodo) or ground pepper
- 1 big smoked fish
- 3 finger plantain
- 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- water (enough to cover the beans)
Click to Order
STEPS TO MAKING PORRIDGE BEANS AND FRIED PLANTAIN
- Place a dry pot on heat,
- Pour enough water in the pot
- Wash beans very well and pour in the pot.
- Add onions to quicken the pace at which beans softens and for nice aroma.
- Wash smoked fish, debone and break into reasonable piece, then add to beans
- Place a dry pot on heat, add palm oil, wait for a minute and add onions, pepper and crayfish. stir for like 2 minutes to achieve a good blend of the ingredients
- Pour into boiling beans after it has softens to taste.
- cover and wait for 5 minutes for a good blend. Turn off heat and…
- Put vegetable oil in a pan, and place on heat.
- Peel plantain,
- Slice or dice plantain,
- Sprinkle salt on plantain,
- Then, fry until plantain until it turns golden brown.
Serve beans with plantain and enjoy your meal.